
So I guess the way us Moms figure out what kind of job we are doing is really to watch our kids. Our little mirrors you might say...So today two incidents occured that reminded me how much my kids are watching me.
The first, was with my son Hunter. So I was taking some items to the garage from my laundry room and I hear, "TAYLOR, 1...2...3... Go to your TIMEOUT!". Oh it made me laugh! My little guy who has been getting the 1,2,3 so often lately wanted to be the big guy and try it out on his sister. I had to quickly remind him to leave the disciplining to the Mommys & Daddys.
The Second, was with Taylor... She comes over to where I'm sitting with her baby doll, who she is really growing fond of. Which wee should give that poor doll a name and some clothes! A naked baby doll and no name. Anyways, Taylor sits down on the floor not paying attention to me what-so-ever. She lays her baby's blanket down (Taylor's silky when she was a baby baby) and then lays her baby on top. Then rather quickly she picks up her baby and pulls her in close and starts making a shhh-ing noise. That quickly put a smile on my face and for some reason brought a tear to my eye. Then she lays the baby down again and starts to wrap her up in the blankie and then cuddles her again with the shh-ing noise. This time she starts to lay the baby doll down but before she gets to the blanket the baby must have started crying again (in Taylor's mind) beacuse she picks her up quickly to cuddle her and starts the shh-ing again. Ever since Taylor was little and I needed to soothe her the shh-ing noise always was a miracle worker (thanks to the "Baby Wise" book). To see my little 22 month old little girl soothe her baby doll the same way I still soothe her really tugged at my heart. She truly is my little mirror. The Lord sure blessed me more than I could have ever imagined with that little girl.








No comments:
Post a Comment